- Combine heavy cream, mascarpone, icing sugar, lemon juice and lemon zest in the bowl of your mixer and whip on medium/low. Once combined, turn speed up and whip until fluffy.
- Combine coconut milk and whole milk in a saucepan and heat until a gentle simmer.
- Whisk together yolks, cornstarch and sugar until colour lightens.
- Once milks simmer, gently pour half of the mixture into yolk mixture slowly. Whisk vigorously while pouring.
- Combine everything back into the saucepan and whisk while custard thickens.
- Once thickened, remove from heat. Pass through a sieve and set aside.
- Pour a thick layer of crushed cookies of your choice at the bottom of your vessel.
- Top with a generous amount of custard – you can also mix your custard with some whipped cream to lighten it if you wish.
- Top with lemon whip and toasted coconut.
Join the conversation