It’s my Mom’s English Trifle. It’s traditional and heartwarming and a great dessert. Make this for your parents and they will be thrilled.
- Dice the sponge and create a layer at the bottom of the individual serving jars.
- Using a piping bag, pipe in a layer of the raspberry jam. In a bowl mix the sugar and berries.
- Set aside.
- In a small pot warm the orange juice and water over high heat.
- Whisk in the gelatin to dissolve and then pour the liquid over the bowl of berries and sugar.
- Combine thoroughly and then spoon in a layer on top of the cake and jam.
- Place the jars into the fridge and allow the jelly to set.
- When the berries and jelly have been set, layer the custard over the top and return the trifle to the fridge to firm up.
- Finish with whipped cream and grated chocolate.
- Chill until ready to serve.
Join the conversation