- Place a large 9 x 5-inch loaf pan in your freezer.
- In a large bowl, combine the sweetened condensed milk, vanilla extract, Rum, Dulce de Leché and pinch of salt. Whisk the mixture until it is thoroughly blended.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer or using a hand mixer and a large bowl, beat the chilled heavy cream until it forms whipped cream with stiff peaks.
- Using a spatula, spoon out the whipped cream into the condensed milk mixture and fold in the whipped cream using the spatula until no streaks remain.
- Remove the loaf pan from the freezer. Using a spatula, pour your ice cream mixture into the chilled loaf pan and smooth the top with the spatula. Cover with a layer of wax paper and then foil paper and return the pan to the freezer making sure it is on a shelf that is level.
- Freeze for about 5 hours or until very firm.
- Remove the ice cream from the freezer, scoop into bowls and garnish with toppings, if using. Serve and enjoy!
Join the conversation