Let’s face facts. There’s no pairing that can rival the deliciousness of peanut butter and chocolate. They go together like Santa and Rudolph, elves and candy canes, and snow and bad traffic.
Chocolate and peanuts have given us some of the greatest foods and desserts of all time, and it’s time to add one more to the books: peanut butter swirled chocolate bark. But just be forewarned: if you’re in charge of desserts and post-dinner snacks for the holidays, this recipe is going to get you a LOT of Christmas cards next year. You will be on Santa’s nice list for the foreseeable future.
This is one versatile, yet steadfast recipe that is sure to absolutely keep your kids, friends, neighbours, and whoever is coming back for more!
And, National Peanut Day is January 26th , so to celebrate with even more great peanut inspired winter and holiday-themed recipes visit the Peanut Bureau of Canada at peanutbureau.ca
Now that you’ve been prepped, let’s get to this deliciously exquisite dessert recipe that will make you famous at all of your upcoming holiday gatherings.
- Line an 11×15-inch (28×38-cm) baking sheet with parchment paper. In separate bowls, using a microwave or a double boiler, melt bittersweet and white chocolate over low heat.
- Whisk peanut butter into warm white chocolate, then spread over parchment into a rectangle measuring about 10×13 inches (25×33 cm). It doesn’t need to be perfect as bark will be broken. Drop bittersweet chocolate by large spoonfuls over the just-spread white chocolate mixture. Swirl gently using the tip of a knife. Sprinkle with peanuts and one of the below flavour variations, if desired.
- Refrigerate about 1 hour until set. Break into large pieces.
Add ⅓ cup (75 mL) of any of the variations below. Sprinkle over bark along with ¼ cup (60 mL) coarsely chopped peanuts.
- Tropical: Sweetened shredded coconut, diced dried mango and candied ginger
- Dried cherry and orange: Coarsely chopped dried cherries and grated orange peel
- Kitchen sink: Pepitas, coarsely chopped pretzels, dried cranberries and cocoa nibs
- Toffee PB blast: ¼ cup (60 mL) barely chopped mini peanut butter cups with 2 tbsp (30 mL) toffee bits
Join the conversation