- 6 U-10 scallops
- 1 zucchini
- 1 red pepper
- 1 red onion
- 1 tsp. Herbs' de Provence
- 1 tsp. smoked paprika
- 1 tsp. kosher salt
- 3/4 tsp. freshly cracked black pepper
- Grapeseed oil (or neutral flavoured oil)
- 1 cup pearl couscous
- 1 tbsp. parsley finely chopped
- 1 tbsp. cilantro finely chopped
- 1 tsp. mint finely chopped
- 1 tsp. fresh thyme leaves
- 1 tsp. unsalted butter
- Kosher salt to taste
- freshly cracked black pepper
Spicy Honey Mustard
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tbsp. Dijon mustard
- 1 tbsp. honey
- 1 tsp. lemon juice
- 1 tsp. water
- 1 tsp. hot sauce
- 1/2 tsp. kosher salt
- 1/4 tsp. freshly cracked black pepper
- Lay scallops down on paper towel to remove excess moisture (remove and discard abductor muscle if necessary).
- In a small mixing bowl combine mayonnaise, Dijon, honey, lemon juice, water, hot sauce, salt and pepper. Mix well and set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl add 2-3 tsp of oil, Herbes de Provence, smoked paprika, salt and Mix well and set aside, this will be the marinade for the vegetables.
- Pre-heat BBQ to medium high heat. Place a cast iron pan to the grill and cover the lid.
- On the side burner bring 3 cups of water to a boil, add pearl couscous and boil until al dente approximately 7-8 minutes. Strain and fold in the herbs, butter, salt and pepper.
- De-seed red pepper and cut into 1” strips, slice zucchini into ½ “discs on a slight bias. Peel and chop ¼ red onion. Toss the vegetables in large mixing bowl with the marinade.
- Add 2-3 tsp of grapeseed oil to the cast iron pan and wait for it to smoke lightly. Meanwhile, season the scallops with salt and pepper and sear until golden brown on both sides, approximately 3-4 minutes. While scallops are searing add vegetables to grill on BBQ and char lightly, approximately 5-6 minutes. Once the scallops are cooked, remove them to a resting dish, same for the vegetables. Assemble the warm scallops and vegetables on a plate and drizzle with spicy honey mustard sauce.
Join the conversation
What do you think?
Hide the conversation