Chef MDP’s Tip: Place any left over broccoli purée into a clean ice cube tray, freeze for later use! And always make sure to get skin on salmon as the skin has the highest concentration of omega-3 fats on the fish!
- Preheat your oven to 375°F (190c)
- In a blender or food processor, add and pulse the dill, turmeric, pumpkin seeds, oil, capers, Dijon, salt and pepper, to taste, until a paste forms.
- Using a spoon top each salmon fillet with an even amount the blended mixture.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes, or until the crust is toasted and the salmon is cooked to medium and flakes easily.
- Wash broccoli and cut into small florets.
- In a large saucepan, add florets to approx 1 cup of boiling water. Simmer, covered, for 5-7 mins, until tender but still bright green in colour.
- Remove broccoli from the pan, reserving the cooking liquid. Place all ingredients in a food processor or blender and puree until smooth, adding the reserved water to help make smooth. Set aside until needed.
- On a serving plate, lay the broccoli purée and top with the crusted salmon, enjoy!
Join the conversation