- Heat BBQ to 400 degrees Fahrenheit. Place clams on the BBQ to start cooking: will likely have to cook 4-5 minutes until the clams have opened- larger cherrystone clams may take a little longer.
- Remove the clams into a large bowl along with the juices to let cool. Return any unopened clams back to the BBQ for another minute or so to see if they open, but discard any unopened clams after that.
- Put pasta into boiling water (yes, on the grill!) to have ready for when clams are done. This pasta will make clams casino hearty enough to be an entire meal. In addition, cook strips of bacon on the grill to have ready to chop up and add later.
- Time to check on the clams- as long as they’re cool enough to handle you can continue. Pry open the clams and discard the top shell. Collect the clam juice as you go in a medium bowl. Use a pairing knife or small spoon to loosen the clam from the bottom of the shell.
- Now let’s get mixing! This mixture is what will be put into the clams. Mix in the melted butter, wine, parsley, and garlic. Season with salt and pepper, to taste – remember you have salty bacon and Parmesan to add as well.
- Next check on the bacon to make sure it’s crisping up nicely on the BBQ. Remove and cut into a fine chop and then add the bacon to the mixture.
- Spoon a little of the butter mixture into each clam half. Top each clam half with the grated Parmesan cheese. Place the clams on the BBQ and cook for 1-2 min or until the butter is bubbling.
- Time to take the pasta off the grill and strain it. Then we add the cook clams casino to the pasta and mix it well adding a quality extra virgin olive oil and the remaining cheese to serve- no shell removal required!
Join the conversation
What do you think?
Hide the conversation