- 2 tbsp canola oil
- 1 sweet onion finely chopped
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 3 tbsp ginger minced
- 2 tbsp Madras curry paste
- 796 ml can diced tomatoes drained
- 400 ml can coconut milk
- 1 cup water
- 1 small sweet potato cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 zucchini cut into 1/2-inch coins and quartered
- 540 ml can chickpeas drained and rinsed
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 3 tbsp cilantro chopped
- Heat a large pot over medium-high. Add oil, onion, garlic, ginger and curry paste. Cook until onion is soft, 2 to 3 minutes. Add tomatoes, coconut milk, water and sweet potato. Boil, then reduce heat to medium-low and simmer, covered, stirring occasionally, until sweet potatoes are just soft but not mushy, 10 to 12 minutes.
- Add zucchini and chickpeas. Continue cooking, stirring often, until zucchini is just tender, 10 to 12 more minutes. Stir in salt and sprinkle with cilantro. Serve with naan bread.
Join the conversation