We’re bringing you to the Islands because it is too cold here. This dish is a Trinidadian staple that’s sure to conquer your cravings.
- 4 cups flour
- 4 tsp baking powder
- 1 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 1 cup oil for frying
- Sift flour, salt, and baking powder.
- Add enough water to make a soft dough.
- Knead for about 10 minutes, leave to rest for an hour.
- Cut in pieces and roll each piece to 6 inches in diameter and ¼ inch thick
- Fry in hot oil, turn once and fry until golden brown.
- Drain on a paper towel.
- Plate the dish!
Join the conversation
What do you think?
Hide the conversation