- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 2 leek whites cut into 1/4 inch rings
- 2 small carrots thinly sliced
- 1 small bunch bok choy halved and in 2 inch long slices
- 3 tbsps pesto
- 2 zucchini cut into 1/4 half-moons
- 1 cup small shell pasta
- 2 cups baby spinach
- 1 cup Great Northern beans or cannellini beans rinsed and drained
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 1 tbsp white miso
- In a large saucepan, heat the oil over medium-high heat. Add the garlic, leeks, carrots and bok choy. Cook, stirring occasionally, until the vegetables soften, about 5 minutes.
- Stir in the pesto and cook, stirring constantly, for 20 seconds. Add the zucchini, pasta, beans, peas and 4 cups of water. Reduce heat as necessary to maintain a gentle simmer. Cook until the pasta is al dente – about 10 – 12 minutes.
- Remove the soup from the heat and stir in the spinach until it wilts.
- In a small bowl, whisk the miso with ¼ cup of warm water; stir into the soup. Season the soup with salt and pepper if desired.
Join the conversation