- Brush the bottom of a cast iron pan with 2 tsp olive oil and add ½ cup of tomato sauce. Spread evenly.
- Using 2-3 noodles tear them and fit them to evenly cover the bottom of the pan.
- Add a thin layer of ground chicken, mozzarella cheese, Parmesan cheese and mushroom sauce.
- Cover with noodles then add tomato sauce, a thin layer of chicken and basil leaves.
- Add another layer of noodles. Then add ricotta cheese and remaining cheese and sauce.
- Pre-heat oven to 400F. Cover the cast iron pan with foil.
- Place the cast iron pan on the stove on medium heat for five minutes.
- Transfer the cast iron pan to the oven and bake for 40 minutes or until sides of the pan begin to boil. Then remove foil and broil until golden brown.
- Garnish with remaining basil leaves.
Join the conversation