When I make pulled pork, I love to make it in large batches for leftovers and my husband loves lasagna, so it’s my own personal mash-up of a pulled pork sandwich and lasagna.
- Preheat oven to 325F.
- Line 1 large sheet pan with parchment paper and arrange onions and peppers into a single
layer with pork pieces on top.
- Coat with salt and pepper and add foil.
- Bake for 2 hours and then remove foil. Continue to bake until pork reaches an internal temp of
205F and shreds easily (about 2 more hours) and let cool.
- Pull pork into shreds, discarding excess fat pieces.
- If you want to be really quick, you can buy pre-pulled pork from the supermarket or a local butcher, but it’ll cost you! I think it’s better to batch cook it, pull, portion, and freeze.
- Another way to speed things up is with a pressure cooker… but you won’t get any browning (which adds flavour) and I would cook the veggies separately on either the stovetop or in the oven.
- In a bowl, combine tomato and BBQ sauce and toss one cup of your sauce in with your pulled
pork, peppers, and onions.
- Place that aside and in the bottom of a greased 10×14 inch baking dish, spread 1 cup of sauce and arrange 3-4 noodles on the bottom overlapping slightly if needed.
- Arrange half of the pulled pork and vegetables over top and sprinkle with 1 ½ cups of cheese.
- Top with your remaining noodles while pressing down and then add the remaining pork
mixture, 1 cups of sauce, and 1 ½ cup of cheese.
- Finally, top with the remaining noodles, pressing down and top once more with the remaining sauce and cheese.
- And of course, as you’re doing the final layer, don’t forget to preheat your oven to 375F and
then cover your lasagna in foil.
- Before you pop it in, spray the underside of your foil liberally with cooking spray to avoid sticking to the top layer of cheese.
- Leave it in the oven for 1 ½ hours removing the foil for the final 30 mins and let stand 20 mins before serving.