- 14 pcs sour cabbage leaves
- 2 medium onions diced
- 100ml canola oil
- 200g small pieces tempeh
- 1 cup kimchi chopped medium
- 1 cup pre washed basmati rice
- 1 medium sweet potato peeled and grated
- 1 tbsp smoked paprika
- 1 (398ml) can crushed tomatoes
- 4 garlic cloves slivered
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- TT salt and pepper
- 1 cup veg stock or water
Greek Dill Yogurt
For the filling:
- Sautée the onions with canola oil. Once the onions are translucent, add the rice. Toast for 2 minutes at medium heat.
- Add grated sweet potato, tempeh, 3 slivered garlic cloves, paprika, kimchi and olive oil. Lightly season with salt and pepper. Cook for 3 minutes at low heat to combine everything.
- Cool the mixture before the assembly.
Stuff the leaves with the filling:
- Place the filling at the bottom of the leaf, tuck each side and begin to roll to the top. Do not make it too tight as the rice will expand.
- Place the cabbage rolls in the braising pot. Place the chopped canned tomatoes and liquid on top and cover with a lid.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 1 hour, 20 minutes, checking occasionally.
- While the cabbage rolls are cooking. In a bowl, mix the Greek yogurt with lemon juice and olive oil. Add one tablespoon of chopped dill and one garlic clove, chopped fine. Season with salt and pepper.
- Place a dollop of yogurt on top of the cabbage rolls and serve..
Join the conversation