Pickled Honey Mushrooms
- Preheat oven to 300F and roast hazelnuts for 10 minutes. Set aside to cool.
- Whisk the garlic, truffle paste, white balsamic vinegar and honey in a stainless steel mixing bowl to make the vinaigrette. Emulsify and slowly add the canola oil and olive oil. Season with salt and fresh black pepper.
- Bring all the ingredients for the pickled honey mushrooms, except the mushrooms, to a boil. Place the honey mushrooms in the boiling liquid for 10 minutes and strain afterwards. Discard the liquid or reuse when pickling again.
- Thinly slice the mushrooms with a knife. Use a mandolin to thinly slice brussels sprouts into thin strips. In a bowl, mix the brussels sprouts, mushrooms, pickled honey mushrooms, oregano and coat with dressing.
- Add half the basil, season with salt and pepper. Plate as desired. To garnish the salad, shave the ricotta salata cheese on top. Chop hazelnuts and crush on top of the salad. Finish with pickled honey mushrooms, edible flowers and the rest of the basil.
Join the conversation