We’re at the start of Summer produce and you know what that means? It’s rhubarb season! And while many make pies or tarts, we wanted to challenge chef Randy Feltis to bring us recipes to tempt us and rethink this sour ingredient. Randy, what do you have for us today?
- Clean lamb bones and score fat cap. Season with kosher salt and pepper everywhere.
- Render fat in medium heat cast iron pan, roast at 425 on its backside for 8 minutes or until internal temperature hits 100 degrees. Remove and let rest for 5 minutes.
- Continue roasting fat side down until internal temperature get to 125 degrees. Remove and let rest.
- Paint with Dijon and crust with chives portion into lollipops and serve with rhubarb gastric
- In a large sauce pot on medium high heat. Sweat garlic, shallots, rhubarb. Hit with honey and caramelize. Deglaze with vinegar, reduce. Then wine, reduce, then stock.
- Season and serve.
Join the conversation