- Place noodles in a large metal or glass bowl and cover with boiling water from the kettle.
- Let stand 5 to 8 min or until tender.
- Note that rice noodles don’t get tender in the same way as regular pasta.
- They should still have a notable bite.
- Drain and rinse with cold water.
- Toss with oil in a large bowl.
- Stir fish sauce with brown sugar, chili-garlic sauce, lime zest and juice in a medium bowl.
- Pat the shrimp dry and stir into the mixture.
- Toss herbs with noodles then divide among 4 bowls.
- Top with warm shrimp and sauce mixture. Serve with extra limes if you like.
Join the conversation