There’s nothing quite like crispy, caramelized Chicken Shawarma sliced right off the spit and into your pita! Well, you don’t need any special equipment to mimic that at home – just a large non-stick skillet, sliced chicken thighs and the guts to keep cooking it after you think it’s done! The chicken thighs won’t dry out with the extra cooking, and we’re going to drench them in garlicky tahini sauce anyway!
- 1/4 cup Sodium-reduced soy sauce
- 2 tbsp Canola oil
- 2 tbsp White Vinegar
- 2 tbsp Brown sugar
- 2 Garlic cloves minced
- 2 tsp Ground coriander
- 1/2 tsp Chili flakes
- 1/2 tsp Sea salt
- 12 Boneless chicken thighs thinly sliced
- 1/3 cup Tahini
- 1/3 cup Mayonnaise
- 3 tablespoons Lemon juice
- 2 gloves Garlic
- 1/4 teaspoons Salt
- 1/2 cup Warm water
- In a large bowl, combine soy sauce, canola oil, vinegar, brown sugar, garlic, coriander, cumin, chilli flakes and sea salt. Mix until sugar dissolves. Add chicken; mix well.
- In a large non-stick skillet over medium-high heat, cook chicken, stirring often, until no liquid remains, and chicken is well caramelized for about 15-20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a bowl combine water and tahini; whisk until smooth. Whisk in mayonnaise, lemon juice, garlic, and salt.
- Serve chicken with warm pita bread, cherry tomatoes, sliced red onion and fresh parsley. Drizzle with sauce.
Join the conversation