24 hrs 45 min
What you’ll need:
- In a large mixing bowl, combine 400g (2 3/4 cups) and 225g (1 cup) of warm water. Mix by hand in the bowl until a dough forms.
- Once all the loose flour has all come together into the dough, remove the dough and knead until dough is smooth.
- Wrap dough tightly in cling film and refrigerate for 24 hrs.
- Remove dough from refrigerator 1 hour before making pasta.
- Cut strips of dough and roll out horizontally into long 1⁄2 inch thick tubes. Cut along the tube every 1/2 inch.
- Roll with thumb on Gnocchi board.
- Place on a sheet tray, dust with extra flour and reserve for cooking.
- Over high heat bring a large pot of boiling water up to a rolling simmer.
- Heat olive oil & garlic together in a sauce pan over med heat until garlic begins to slightly turn golden.
- Add in canned tomatoes, 2 bay leaves & 2 peelings of orange rind.
- While sauce is simmering cook pasta in salted boiling water.
- Once pasta has come to float at the top, strain and reserve some cooking liquid.
- Add fresh pasta to tomato sauce and allow to simmer. Add some pasta cooking water as needed.
- Plate pasta and finish with grated Ricotta Salata & a spoon full of pesto Genovese.
Join the conversation