- 14 oz linguine
- 1/2 cup walnuts raw
- 3-4 tbsps olive oil divided
- 1/2 cup sundried tomatoes thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup shallot chopped
- 3-4 large garlic cloves minced
- 2 tsps fresh thyme
- 1/3 cup dry white wine
- 2 tbsps nutritional yeast
- 2 tbsps lemon juice
- 1-2 tsps lemon zest
- 1/2 cup vegan parmesan shredded, to garnish
- TT sea salt
- TT black pepper ground
- 1 pound Brussels sprouts trimmed and halved
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Cook the linguine to al dente. Reserve 1⁄4 cup of the pasta cooking water and set aside. Drain the pasta, but do not rinse.
- While the pasta is cooking, heat a large cast-iron pan over medium – high heat and toast the walnuts for 4 to 5 minutes, until fragrant. Remove the walnuts from the pan and remove the pan from the heat to cool. Coarsely chop the walnuts and set aside.
- Heat the same pan over medium heat with 2 tablespoons of the olive oil. Add the brussels sprouts cut-side-down and spread out into an even layer. Cook for 3 to 4 minutes without touching to allow them to get nicely browned. Toss once so the other side gets colour and cook for another 2 to 3 minutes. Transfer the brussels to a dish and set aside.
- Lower the heat to medium-low and ensure the skillet isn’t too hot from browning the brussels. If the pan is very dry, you can add another drizzle of olive oil or a bit of stock or water to the pan. Sauté the sundried tomatoes, shallot, garlic, and thyme. Stir to combine well and cook for another 3 to 4 minutes, tossing occasionally and adjusting the heat as necessary so the garlic doesn’t burn.
- Add the wine and simmer for another 3 to 4 minutes, tossing occasionally. Add the nutritional yeast, lemon juice, lemon zest, and remaining 1 tablespoon olive oil. Toss to combine and cook for another 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add the linguine and toss everything until well combined. If the mixture looks dry, you can add the reserved pasta water and toss to combine. Toss the walnuts and brussels back in along with the sea salt and black pepper, to taste. Serve immediately, garnished with the vegan Parmesan.
Join the conversation