Let’s be honest, salads can taste repetitive. Today, Paul Lillakas gives us the tips for making the fanciest winter salad at home.
- Preheat oven to 400F.
- Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Drizzle beets and onions with oil; sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Arrange into a single layer.
- Bake until beets are caramelized and tender, about 45 minutes.
- In a bowl, whisk cheese and water until smooth and creamy. Add extra water, 1 tbsp at a time, if needed.
- Plating: On platter (or individual plates) slather cheese mixture almost to edges, top with beets, onions, arugula and walnuts. Drizzle with extra olive oil.
Join the conversation