- For the sauce, in a small pot, over medium heat cook down the tomatoes and crush with a fork as they cook. Add the pinch of salt and cook for 25-30 minutes. Remove from the heat and let cool until needed.
- Preheat a non-stick pan over medium heat.
- Using a butter knife spread mayo on each slice of the bread and place them in the pan.
- Top each slice with 1 tbsp. pizza sauce.
- Layer cheese, and fresh basil. Top with remaining bread, ensure mayo is on the top side of the bread side out.
- Cook 2-3 minutes per side or just until golden and the cheese is melted.
- Repeat the steps with all the bread, lay 2 sandwiches together making a stack and cut in half or quarters.
- Dip into the pizza sauce and enjoy!
Join the conversation