- In a preheated 350-degree oven blind bake the pie dough line baking tray. Just enough to set any holes. Then cool and set aside.
- Melt the butter in a large pot over medium heat.
- Add the sliced onions, garlic and rosemary and gently sauté. Try not to brown the onions just cook them down. Once the onions have shrunk to half their size add in the chardonnay wine and remove from the heat.
- In a large mixing bowl combine the eggs, cream, nutmeg and season with salt and ground white pepper.
- Add to the now room temperature onions, also fold in the gruyere cheese.
- Now spread the onion cheese mixture onto the cooled blind baked pie crust.
- Then bake the whole tart in a 350-degree oven until the cheese has melted and starts to bubble. Remove from the oven and rest for 5 minutes before serving.
Join the conversation