When I think of pride, I think of the spice of life! This sandwich is full of colour, flavour and heat, just like the spirit of pride.
- 1 ciabatta or french baguette halved lengthwise
- 1 cup Sriracha whipped goat cheese (see tip)
- 1 cup sweet pickle slices
- 2 cups thinly shaved red cabbage
- 6 cups baby arugula
- 12 slices smoked gouda
- 24 thin slices spicy Calabrese salami
- 4 tomatoes thinly sliced
- salt and pepper to taste
- 6 12-inch lengths of rainbow ribbon
- 6 12-inch length of butcher or hemp twine
- 6 2-inch wide strips of parchment paper
- Cut baguette lengthwise and slather bread with goat cheese.
- Layer pickle slices, red cabbage, baby arugula, smoked gouda, salami and tomato onto bottom half; season tomato with salt and pepper. Sandwich with top half.
- Wrap strips of parchment paper around width of sandwich and secure with festive rainbow ribbon and/or twine, separating the sandwich into 6 segments.
- Slice sandwich into 6 portions. Decorate with pride stickers.
To make Sriracha Whipped Goat Cheese, combine 250 g goat cheese, 2 tbsp warm water and 2 tbsp Sriracha; whip until smooth.
Join the conversation