Snow Crab Cakes
Lemon Caper Dressing
- In a bowl, combine mayonnaise and garlic.
- Add crab meat, saltine crumbs and green onions; stir just to combine.
- Separate the mixture into 4 equal portions and form them into cakes.
- In a different bowl, whisk together an egg and salt. Add panko to another bowl.
- Dip the patties first into egg mixture, then into breadcrumbs.
- Refrigerate for a minimum 30 minutes.
- While they’re cooling in the fridge, you can jump on your lemon caper dressing. In a bowl, whisk together mayonnaise, milk, lemon zest, lemon juice, capers, salt and pepper.
- Take a small non-stick skillet and heat 1/2 inch (1 cm) of canola oil to 350F.
- Fry the cakes, flipping occasionally until they’re golden brown. Transfer to paper-towel lined plate to drain.
- Lastly, arrange the lettuce, radicchio and avocado on two plates.
- Drizzle the salad with dressing and top with the crab cakes and drizzle a bit more!
- Serve with lemon and don’t forget to pair it with your favourite white wine for a fun and fresh Spring favourite.
Refrigerating the cakes before frying them helps to firm them up so they are less likely to fall apart when you fry them.
Isn't radicchio bitter?
The bitterness is the point. You want to counteract the richness of the fried crab cake and the creamy dressing.
Join the conversation