- 2 cups Sweet potatoes
- 2 cubed Roma tomatoes
- 3 tbsp Olive oil
- 1 tsp Cinnamon
- 1 tsp Tumeric
- 1 Onion sliced
- 2 Garlic gloves slices
- 1 Scotch Bonnet Pepper sliced, seeds included
- 1 Litre chicken stock
- 1/2 cup Peanut butter, natural
- 1 tbsp ginger freshly grated
- 1/4 Lemon juiced
- 2 tbsp Cilantro chopped
- 2 tbsp Peanuts crushed
- Preheat oven to 425F. Toss sweet potatoes & tomatoes in 2 tbsp olive oil, cinnamon, turmeric and salt and pepper.
- In a large saucepan, heat 1 tbsp olive oil on medium heat and add onion, garlic and scotch bonnet pepper. Cook for about 3 minutes.
- Then add the cooked onion, garlic and pepper to a blender with 2 cups of chicken stock, peanut butter, ginger, and the cooked sweet potatoes and tomatoes. Blend until completely smooth.
- Add mixture back to the saucepan and bring to a soft boil. Add lemon, then taste and adjust with salt and pepper.
- Plate and garnish with cilantro & peanuts!
Join the conversation