- ¾ cup green beans
- 1 cup tightly packed fresh parsley leaves
- 1 cup tightly packed fresh mint leaves
- 1 can no-salt added white kidney beans rinsed and well drained
- ½ English cucumber quartered and chopped into 1/2 inch pieces into ½-inch pieces
- ⅓ cup diced red onion
- 1 cup cooked wheat berries
- ½ cup crumbled feta cheese
- Rinse and cut off the ends of the green beans. Place the beans in a small saucepan, barely cover with water, put on high heat, and bring to a boil. Boil for 1 minute, then immediately transfer the beans to a bowl of cold water to stop the cooking process. Drain the beans again and set aside.
- Rinse the parsley and mint well and pat dry. You don’t want the herbs to be wet when they go into the salad.
- Make the salad dressing. In a large bowl, whisk together the lemon zest, lemon juice, oil, garlic, pepper, and salt.
- Add the white kidney beans, cucumber, red onion, parsley, and mint and mix well.
- Cut the green beans into 2-inch pieces and add to the salad.
- Add the cooked wheat berries, sprinkle with feta cheese, gently toss, and serve.
1 SERVING = 1¾ CUPS
PER SERVING: 4.6 g saturated fat, 0 g trans fat,
18 mg cholesterol, 262 mg sodium, 3.3 g sugars
0 g added sugars, 15.9 g protein, 687 mg potassium
Carbohydrate choice = 2 choices
Join the conversation