- Preheat oven to 350F and line an 8” x 8” square pan with parchment paper.
- Combine butter and icing sugar, and cream them until light.
- Add flour, salt, and vanilla, and mix just until a crumbly dough forms.
- Press evenly into the lined baking sheet.
- Bake for 30-35 mins or until lightly golden.
- In a medium-sized bowl, combine pumpkin, both sugars, and spice. Whisk together.
- Add eggs one at a time, whisking to combine between each addition.
- Add heavy cream, combine, and set aside. Do not over mix.
- Cream the cream cheese, sour cream, and sugar until smooth and lump-free.
- Add egg and vanilla, and mix until just combined. set aside.
- Reduce oven heat to 325F.
- Layer the pumpkin and cheesecake layers 1/4 cup at a time onto the pre-baked shortbread crust.
- Swirl the layers together.
- Bake for 40-50 minutes, or until the bars are no longer jiggly.
- Cool fully, and cut into squares.
- Top with an optional dollop of the whip.
Join the conversation