- Bring the water and the dates to a boil and cook for approx 5 minutes.
- Then allow cooling. Once cool puree.
- In a kitchen aid, cream the butter and sugar until smooth. Then add the date puree and eggs.
- Next sieve the flour and baking powder together, and stir into the mixture.
- Preheat the oven to 320 degrees. Butter and flour your 2 loaf pans.
- Fill each pan three-quarters full and bake in a preheated oven for approximately 45 minutes.
- Add the sugar and butter into a pan and bring to a boil over medium to high heat. Continue to boil until the mix turns a nutty brown, then remove from the heat and whisk in the lemon juice, followed by the cream. Set aside until ready to serve.
Join the conversation