- Using kitchen shears, halve lobster tails lengthwise nearly all the way through, leaving tailfin intact. Rinse well to remove any shell fragments. Dry tails well.
- In bowl, stir together canola oil, garlic, lemon zest, lemon juice, chives and salt. Add lobster tails; toss to coat using hands to coat meat thoroughly. Cover and marinate for at least 30 minutes.
- Insert one skewer lengthwise through each half of lobster tail. Skewer tips should cross when poking through the tailfin end. Repeat with remaining lobster.
- On greased grill over high heat, grill lobster just until meat is opaque and shells are bright red, about 3-5 minutes.
- Serve immediately as appetizer, or with grilled steak for a surf and turf main!
Join the conversation