- Ensure your fish is clean and pat dry your fish. With a sharp knife score the fish by making a couple of deep slits into the flesh of the fish on both sides. Make sure not to cut all the way though.
- Heat the canola oil in your wok or large saucepan to 180°C (350°F). Make sure that you use enough oil to cover your fish.
- Deep fry the fish until it is golden brown and cooked through. Remove fish from the oil and place on paper towel to drain while you prepare the sauce.
- In a medium size saucepan add the oil, garlic, ginger, sambal chilli and curry powder. Cook until fragrant for 1-2 minutes.
- Add the coconut milk, green onions, rice vinegar and sugar, mix well and bring to the boil. Lower heat to medium and Let it reduce down and for 10 -15 minutes.
- Place the snapper onto a serving platter with a lip to hold the sauce and pour the sambal curry sauce around the fish.
- Garnish with the cilantro, bean sprouts and crushed peanuts or cashews.
Join the conversation