- 1 package dried noodles
- 1 carrot
- 1 English cucumber
- 2 stalks green onions
- 150 grams ham
- 2 tbsp oyster sauce
- 1 tbsp hoisin sauce
- 3 tbsp Chinese black vinegar
- 1 tbsp light soy sauce or tamari
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- 2 tsp canola oil
- ½ tsp black pepper
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp black and white sesame seeds
- 2 tbsp shredded nori
- Boil a pot of hot water in a large stock pot. Once water is boiling, salt the water.
- Cut noodles in half as much as possible. Add a package of noodles into the bowl and cook until noodles are al dente.
- Drain and run under cold water. Drain noodles completely and place in a large mixing bowl.
- Using a mandolin or a sharp knife julienne both carrots and cucumbers. Remove any excess water and/or seeds from cucumbers.
- Julienne green onion, excluding tops. Add all vegetables into a bowl with noodles.
- One by one, add oyster & hoisin sauces followed by black vinegar and soy or tamari. Mix noodles and vegetables thoroughly.
- Add sesame and canola oils. Mix and ensure all wet ingredients are fully coating the noodles.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Cover and allow to chill for 2-3 hours or up to overnight.
- Garnish with sesame seeds and shredded nori.
Join the conversation