Spicy Asian Slaw
- In a small bowl, mix slaw mix and all the slaw ingredients. Mix thoroughly until sugar and salt is fully dissolved. Cover and place in fridge overnight for quick pickling.
Fried Chicken Cutlets
- Rub and marinate chicken pieces in salt and cracked black pepper, cover and let sit in refrigerator for minimum of 2 hours (overnight preferred).
- Mix all batter ingredients thoroughly and add wet to thicken; use hands to mix thoroughly. Soak marinated chicken pieces in the batter ensuring each piece is covered.
- Slowly drop chicken pieces into a fryer or pot with canola oil, pre-heated to 350F. Ensure chicken is fully submerged and allow to cook for 7-8 minutes or until the center of the meat is 180F.
- Remove from fryer and drain excess oil. Toss chicken thoroughly in mixing bowl with white pepper and salt.
- In a bowl, mix the mayonnaise, ketchup and garlic powder. Mix/whisk consistently into a, pinkish hue aioli. Refrigerate until ready to serve sandwiches.
Assembling the Sando
- Add healthy portion of slaw on bottom portion of the bun.
- Coat chicken cutlets with sweet chili sauce until fully lathered.
- Add piece of cutlet on top of slaw.
- Add a dollop of sando sauce inside of the bun top, place over cutlet. Serve and eat.
To make this sandwich fully gluten free, replace potato rolls with gluten free buns or lettuce pockets.
Join the conversation