- Place all ingredients in a stockpot.
- Bring to a boil then simmer on medium heat for 2 hours.
- Strain stock through a fine sieve into a clean pot.
- Bring your stock up to a boil and add your rice, ginger, garlic, soy, and Chinese wine.
- Reduce temperature to a simmer and cook for 1 hour, stirring occasionally.
- Add the rest of the ingredients and cook for another 30 minutes, stirring more frequently so the congee doesn’t stick to the bottom of the pot.
- Mix all ingredients together in a bowl. Mix the ingredients well with a spoon or spatula 1-2 min.
- With a teaspoon make a ball with the mix and drop the meatball into the congee to cook.
- Continue this until you have no mix left.
- The meatballs will take about 5-7 min to cook on a medium simmer.
- Be careful to stir gently at this point so you don’t break them.
- Once your meatballs are cooked you’re ready to serve.
- Ladle congee into a bowl and garnish with coriander leaf, scallion, chili oil.
- Use the bread to dip in your congee, it’s my favourite part. Enjoy!
Join the conversation