great pot & roasting pan
- Roast beef bones at 400 until golden.
- Slice garlic and onions. Bring your awesome pot up to medium heat and add olive oil and garlic. Top with sliced onions and sauté slowly at first. Drop a lid on to speed things up. Then stir and repeat.
- Add brandy, red wine and beef stock to bones and bring to a simmer. Skim the fat as you go.
- Once onions have softened and sweetened they should start to caramelize. Deglaze with brandy and wine. Reduce by half and add beef stock. Add thyme season with salt and pepper and balance sweetness with vinegar.
- Portion into a bowl and top with crustinni add cheese and broil until golden.
- Serve with a smile knowing you just made a stairway to heaven.