Quick & Easy Stir Fry (print here)
- 1 tsp coconut oil
- 5 oz. grilled chicken breast or 5 oz. organic tofu
- 1 tbsp. tamari or soy sauce
- 1 tsp. sesame oil
- 1/3 cup chopped onion
- ½ cup sliced mushrooms
- ½ cup sliced red pepper
- 1 cup bean sprouts
- ¼ lime
- Fresh cilantro (optional)
- Heat coconut oil in a non-stick cooking pan over high heat.
- Add chicken to the pan and stir-fry until chicken is cooked and no longer pink inside.
- Remove chicken from the pan and set aside.
- Add sesame oil to pan and tamari sauce. Place onions, peppers, mushrooms into pan and stir-fry until tender.
- Add chicken back into pan and heat through.
- Add bean sprouts and cook for one more minute.
- Serve on a plate with fresh lime and cilantro for added flavour.
Trout with Hemp Seed Crust & Roasted Tomatoes (print here)
- 2 tbsps. hemp Seeds
- ½ tsp. dill (dried)
- ½ tsp. nutritional Yeast
- 1/8 sea Salt
- 1 rainbow trout fillet
- 1 tbsp. Dijon mustard
- ¼ lemon (sliced into wedges)
- ½ cup cherry tomatoes
- ½ tsp. olive oil
- ½ tsp. Italian herbs
- 2 cups of mixed greens or cauliflower rice
- Preheat the oven to 400°F (204°C) and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a small mixing bowl combine the hemp seeds, dill, nutritional yeast and salt.
- Place the trout fillet on the prepared baking sheet and pat dry with a paper towel.
- Smear the Dijon mustard evenly on to the top of the fillet.
- Spoon the hemp seed mixture on top of the mustard coating and press down with the back of the spoon to ensure the hemp seeds stick to the fish.
- Toss tomatoes in olive oil and sprinkle with herbs. Place beside fish on baking sheet.
- Bake for about 9 minutes or until fish is cooked through and flakey.
- Place mixed greens on a plate, place trout on top with tomatoes. Serve with fresh lemon wedges and season with additional sea salt & pepper if needed.
OPTION: You can make cauliflower rice instead of salad as a tasty side dish. You can buy cauliflower already riced at the grocery store (or you can make your own in a food processor). Add the cauliflower to a fry pan with a bit of coconut oil and sauté for 3 minutes or until cauliflower softens. Add any seasonings you enjoy. This makes a great no-grain substitute for rice or potatoes!
Feta Turkey Burger (print here)
- 5 oz. lean ground turkey
- 1 ½ tbsp. feta cheese
- ½ tsp dried oregano
- 2 pieces of romaine lettuce for a “bun”
- 1 serving tossed side salad
- 1 tbsp. of your favorite dressing
- Preheat grill on medium-high heat.
- In a bowl mix turkey, feta, oregano and pepper to taste.
- Form into a patty.
- Lightly oil grate and place patty onto grill.
- Cook for about 10 minutes or until turkey is cooked through, flipping half way through.
- Enjoy on a lettuce bun with toppings of choice and a side salad (2 cups lettuce, ½ cup sliced cucumber, 2 tomato slices and dressing)
OPTION: Make these burgers up ahead of time and then you can just throw them in the oven or on the grill when ready to eat!
Cod & Sweet Potato Tray Dinner (print here)
- 1 Sweet Potato (medium, cubed)
- ½ tsp. Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- ½ tsp. Smoked Paprika
- ½ tsp. Chili Powder
- 1/8 cumin
- ¼ tsp. Garlic Powder
- ¼ tsp. Onion Powder
- Pinch of Sea Salt
- 1 Cod Fillet
- ¼ Lemon (sliced into wedges)
- Preheat the oven to 400ºF (204ºC) and line a baking tray with foil.
- Toss the cubed sweet potato with extra virgin olive oil and transfer to the baking tray.
- Combine the smoked paprika, onion powder, chili powder, garlic powder and sea salt to a small bowl. Sprinkle half the seasoning onto the cubed sweet potato and bake for 20 minutes.
- Remove the sweet potato from the oven and transfer to one side of the tray to make room for the cod. Place the cod fillet on the tray and sprinkle the remaining spice mixture on top.
- Bake for 8 to 10 minutes or until the cod is flaky and cooked through.
- Plate and serve with a lemon wedge. Enjoy!
Veggie & Cheese Frittata (print here)
- ¼ onion, thinly sliced
- ¼ garlic clove
- 1 cups mushrooms, trimmed
- 6 cherry tomatoes, sliced
- ¼ cup flat leaf parsley, chopped
- 1 tsp extra virgin olive oil, plus extra for greasing dish
- 2 eggs
- 1 tbsp. ricotta or feta cheese
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to the grilled element
- In large frying pan, sauté onions and garlic in olive oil with a little salt over medium heat until soft
- Add sliced tomatoes and mushrooms and continue to sauté until vegetables are slightly undercooked
- In separate bowl, whisk eggs, cheese and season
- Reduce heat to medium-low and add the egg mixture and parsley, stirring briefly until combined
- When eggs start to firm, place frying pan under grill for 2-3 minutes or until the frittata is just set and golden brown
- Take out of the oven and serve warm with side salad
Join the conversation